This is it! Arsenal vs Manchester United!
After a very successful night at St. Marys, Arsenal will be looking forward to keeping up their momentum, when they host Man Utd at the Emirates on Saturday. Man Utd, who surprisingly lost a game against Sheffield Utd at home in midweek will be very careful not to be making the same mistake again. However, Arsenal who have come out dominant in their last 5 out of 6 EPL games, will definitely try to finish the game with all three points.
Thomas Partey and ESR had a slight scare in midweek as they came off substituted. But later, when assessed, as per the Arsenal official website, they both had minor muscle stiffness and will both be assessed ahead of the match. As for other injuries, Mari is the only player who has been having calf problems. He might or he might not be fit for the match. Tierney who missed the trip to St. Marys’ will be fit and available to play.
Behind the sticks, Arteta will go for the obvious choice and choose Bernd Leno. Defensively, Arteta will have to struggle to decide. Gabriel has been doing well ever since his arrival from Lille. But ever since his return from injury, he hasn’t been playing frequently. Arteta might have to make a difficult decision by choosing Gabriel over Luiz.
The importance of Tierney has been vital this season. He will be looking forward to keeping his position as a LB. Earlier, Bellerin might have earned the trust of Arteta. However, lately, Cedric who has been doing well might replace him for this match.
In midfield, our summer signing Thomas Partey will be looking forward to starting alongside Granit Xhaka, with ESR playing in the no. 10 role. Upfront, Saka, Lacazette, and Aubameyang might all be featuring. The combination of ESR, Lacazette, and Saka has been a deadly combo in the last few games. A lot will be expected from the trio.
Our January signing Odegaard might also be involved in this game, as it is being rumored he will be available in the squad.
ARSENAL: Leno; Cedric, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney; Partey, Xhaka, ESR; Aubameyang, Lacazette, Saka
MANCHESTER UNITED: DeGea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; McTominay, Fred, Pogba; Bruno Fernandes, Rashford, CavaniKEY STATS:
- Arsenal are undefeated in the past four Premier League meetings with Manchester United (D1 L3), keeping three clean sheets in the process. In fact, the Red Devils are at risk of losing three successive top-flight away games against the Gunners for the first time since 1991.
- Manchester United are currently on a club-record 17-game unbeaten run in away Premier League games (W13 D4).
- Arsenal have won five of their past six Premier League games, drawing the other. The Gunners have scored 14 goals in those matches, two more than in their opening 14 fixtures.
- Manchester United have come from behind to win seven Premier League matches this season – all of them have come on the road.
- Six of Marcus Rashford’s seven Premier League goals this season have been scored away from home. Rashford scored twice on his Premier League debut against Arsenal in February 2016 but is without a goal in his subsequent 10 outings versus the Gunners.
ARSENAL 2 – 0 MANCHESTER UNITED
LAST TIME WE PLAYED AGAINST MANCHESTER UNITED
MANCHESTER UNITED 0 – 1 ARSENAL