This post contains Chidinma Biography, Chidinma Early Life, Chidinma Career, Net worth and Social Media, We you hope you will enjoy reading this well researched information about Chidinma and Her Life Story. Please Kindly Drop a Comment after reading this thank you.
Chidinma Ekile (born 2 May 1991) is a talented Nigerian gospel singer, actress, and songwriter who goes by the stage name Chidinma. She rose to fame in 2010 after winning the third season of Project Fame West Africa.
Following the release of her “Emi Ni Baller” music video, she became the first female musician to reach number one on the MTV Base Official Naija Top 10 chart.
She released the Sound Sultan-assisted single “Jankoliko” in 2011.
Chidinma’s self-titled debut album was released on the music platform Spinlet, and it was supported by the singles “Jankoliko,” “Carry You Go,” “Kedike,” and “Run Dia Mouth.” Sound Sultan, Tha Suspect, Olamide, and Muna make appearances on the album.
Chidinma won Best Female West African Act at the 2012 Kora Awards, where she performed “Kedike.” She recently signed with Eezee Concept and released her first single, Jehovah Overdo.
Chidinma Early Life
Chidinma Ekile, also known simply as Chidinma, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, and actress. She was born on May 2, 1991, in Ketu, Kosofe, Lagos State. She is from the state of Imo. She is the sixth child in a family of seven.
She was born to Igbo parents, Martha Ekile (mother) and Hillary Ekile (father) (father). Chidinma and Chidiebere Aneke, also known as the Aneke Twins, are her two sisters.
Chidinma was raised by a strict father and began singing at the age of six. She joined her church choir when she was ten years old.
Chidinma initially turned down admission to the University of Lagos because of her success in Project Fame West Africa. She told YNaija that she has always taken school seriously, and that her decision to enroll at Unilag was unavoidable. She also stated that music was not always on her agenda, but she decided to give it a shot after winning the music competition.
Chidinma attended Ketu primary and secondary schools before moving to Ikorodu. She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Sociology from the University of Lagos, despite her desire to study Mass Communication.
She wished to be a part of the reality television show before auditioning for the third season of Project Fame West Africa. Chidinma left her home in Ikorodu and went to Ultima Studios with the help and support of a close friend. She was one of the 8,000 contestants who competed that year to show off their skills.
Chidinma then competed in the Fame Academy round alongside 17 other contestants. For ten weeks, she and the other contestants were coached by musical professionals including voice coaches, inspirational speakers, established musicians, and music business service providers.
Contestants were also taught choreography and various rehearsal drills. On September 26, 2010, Chidinma was named the competition’s winner. She won a total of 2.5 million dollars, a 2011 Toyota RAV4, and a production deal. Chidinma signed an endorsement deal with MTN Nigeria in May 2013.
True to her words, Chidinma entered the Gospel Music Industry after signing with Eezee Conceptz, a full-service gospel producing agency.
After releasing a collaborative project with another season 3 finalist, Chidinma began work on her eponymous debut studio album Chidinma. The album was supposed to come out in the fourth quarter of 2011. She briefly discussed the album, stating that she put a lot of effort into it.
Her collaborators included Cobhams Asuquo, Tee-Y Mix, WazBeat, and Oscar Heman Ackah. On February 22, 2011, she released the Sound Sultan-assisted singles “Jankoliko” and “Carry You Go.” Oscar Heman Ackah wrote and produced both songs.
Chidinma stated in an interview published on the Weekly Trust website that she was pleased with the positive response to the songs’ release and that she is working hard to improve her craft. Chidinma released the Clarence Peters-directed music video for “Jankoliko” on June 4, 2011. The album’s third single, “Kedike,” was released on October 11, 2011.
Cobhams Asuquo produced the song, which translates to “Heartbeat.” Chidinma revealed in an interview with Entertainment Rave that she and her producers created the song’s name and that it depicts love.
Clarance Peters directed the music video for “Kedike,” which was released on January 24, 2012. Dammy Krane, a Nigerian singer, played Chidinma’s love interest in the video. “Run Dia Mouth,” the album’s fourth single, was released on October 11, 2011.
She released the Illbliss and Tha Suspect-assisted single “Emi Ni Baller” on September 14, 2012. Legendury Beatz produced the song. Yes, Academy reached number seven on Vanguard’s list of the top ten songs released in 2013. On February 22, 2013, the official remix to “Emi Ni Baller” was released. It was produced by Legendury Beatz and featured Wizkid’s vocals. On June 12, 2013, Capital Dreams Pictures released the music video for “Emi Ni Baller.”
Clarence Peters shot and directed it in the United Kingdom. Chidinma released three singles on June 10, 2013, titled “Bless My Hustle,” “Kite,” and “Jolly,” all of which were produced by Tha Suspect, Del B, and Wizzboy, respectively.
Chidinma released “Oh Baby” on September 14, 2013. Its remix, which features Flavour N’abania, was released on January 29, 2014. Young D produced both tracks. She released the music video for “Oh Baby (You & I)” on May 2, 2014. Clarence Peters directed the film, which stars Ngozi Nwosu and OC Ukeje.
“Fallen In Love,” Chidinma’s most recent hit, was released in 2017. Its video has received over 77 million views on YouTube.
Chidinma began her acting career in the 2017 film The Bridge (2017 film), directed by Kunle Afolayan.
Gospel Music Career
Chidinma Ekile returned to the music scene in May 2021, after a long absence, to celebrate her 30th birthday, sharing photos of herself on Instagram.
She regrets spending over 9 years doing secular music, citing a new encounter with God and her understanding of her Christian faith as the catalysts for her sudden shift to gospel music.
Chidinma released her debut gospel single titled ‘Jehovah Over Do’ on Sunday, May 2, 2021, to announce her arrival in the Nigerian gospel music scene. The New Season EP, which includes six tracks plus a bonus (for a total of seven), was released on August 23, 2021.
Chidinma is still unmarried. However, rumors circulate that she is involved with Nigerian musician Flavour. She has previously been linked to Wizkid.
Awards and Nominations
Chidinma has been nominated for a number of awards over the years, including:
- Best Vocal Performance (Female) nominee at The Headies – 2012
- Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) nominated her for Best Afro Pop – 2012
- Best Indigenous Concept nominee at the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) – 2012
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Best New Act of the Year – 2012
- Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year Nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2012
- At the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA), I Am Sorry was nominated as the Best Afro Hip Hop Video – 2013.
- Channel O Music Video Awards nominated Emi Ni Baller as the Most Gifted African West – 2013
- Nominated for Best Collabo at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2013
- City People Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Musician of the Year (Female) – 2013
- Best Collabo of the Year nominee at the City People Entertainment Awards – 2014
- City People Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Musician of the Year (Female) – 2014
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her for Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year – 2014
- Female Artist of the Year nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Best Music Video of the Year (Artist & Director) nominee at Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Nominated Oh! Baby – You & I (featuring Flavour N’abania) for Best Collaboration at the Nigeria
- Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Nominee at African Muzik Magazine Awards for the Best Female West Africa – 2014
- MTV Africa Music Awards nominated her as the Best Female – 2014
- Best Female West African Act by Kora Awards in 2012
- Best Pop Extra Video by Nigeria Music Video Awards in 2013.
She has since released several songs, including:
- I Am A Winner (with MTN Project Fame All-Stars) – 2011
- Jankoliko (featuring Sound Sultan) in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Carry You Go in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Kedike in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Run Dia Mouth in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Emi Ni Baller (featuring Tha Suspect and iLLBliss) – 2012
- Kite – 2013
- Emi Ni Baller – Remix (featuring WizKid) – 2013
- Bless My Hustle (featuring Phyno) – 2013
- Jolly – 2013
- Oh Baby – 2013
- Sweet Like Shuga (with Flavour, KCee, Sound Sultan, and Professor) – 2013
- CAPITAL Krismas (with Tha Suspect, iLLBliss, Tesh Carter, and Clarence Peters) – 2013
- Oh Baby – You & I (featuring Flavour) – 2014
- Kuli Kache – 2014
- Martha – 2014
- Fallen In Love”-2017
- Jehovah Overdo”-2021
- This Love
Chidinma has a net worth of $2.8 million. She is one of Nigeria’s wealthiest female musicians.
Thank you for reading Chidinma Biography, Chidinma Early Life, Chidinma Career, Net worth and Social Media. The Information contained in this article, were gathered online. Kindly call our attention to any part of this article you deem incorrect or Misleading.