This post contains Ini Edo Biography, Early Life and Education, Career, Awards and Nominations, Net worth and Social Media, We you hope you will enjoy reading this well researched information about Ini Edo Biography and Her Life Story. Please Kindly Drop a Comment after reading this thank you.
Ini Edo Biography
Iniobong Edo Ekim (born April 23, 1982) is a celebrated and legendary figure in Nigeria’s film industry known as Ini Edo.
She is a Nigerian actress, filmmaker, and television personality with many talents.
Ini Edo began her film career in 2000 and has appeared in over 100 films since then. She served as a judge for the Miss Black Africa UK Pageant in 2013.
Miss Ini Edo Nations was appointed as a United Nations Habitat Youth Envoy in 2014.
Early Life and Education
Ini Edo, a Nigerian actress, was born on April 23, 1982, in Akwa Ibom State. She has two siblings: Ukeme Edo, her sister, and Oti Edo, her brother.
The actress grew up in a religious family. Her mother was a teacher, and her father served as a church elder. She has two sisters and one brother in addition to herself.
Ini Edo, a beautiful actress, attended Connely College in Uyo before enrolling in the University of Uyo and graduating with a Diploma in Theatre Arts. She later continued her studies and received a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Calabar.
She later continued her studies and received a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Calabar.
Ini Edo was fortunate to be awarded a scholarship to study law at the National Open University of Nigeria in 2014.
Thick Madam, Ini Edo’s debut film, launched her acting career in 2003. At the audition, she was discovered by a producer. Her big break came in 2004, when she starred in World Apart.
Ini Edo is one of Nigeria’s most successful actresses, having appeared in over 100 films. She was nominated for “Best Lead Actress” at the 11th Africa Movie Academy Awards for her performance in the film “While You Slept.”
Ini Edo, on the other hand, stated in 2017 that due to the numerous distractions in the Nollywood industry, only hard work can propel one to the top. But she believed that with determination, one could succeed.
Ini Edo, an actress, married Philip Ehiagwina, a well-known American businessman, in 2008.
Their wedding was first celebrated and officially registered in Nigeria before being repeated several months later, in February 2009, in Texas, where the husband lived.
Everything fell apart in 2014, and Ini Edo left the unhappy marriage, claiming that the reason for their divorce was specific “irreconcilable differences” that the couple could not overcome.
Ini Edo’s marriage lasted only six years, and she is now single and living her own life.
However, the actress Ini Edo gave birth to her first child via surrogacy. The actress revealed that she chose surrogacy to have her first child in order to fulfill her dream of becoming a mother.
“OK, I have a girl, and I got her through surrogacy,” she explained. The eggs are thus hereditarily mine, and she is my blood.”
In the past, she has been linked to celebrities such as Jim Iyke, Mike Godson, and D’banj.
Awards and Nominations
- 2009: Best of Nollywood Awards as the best actress leading role(Yoruba)
- 2011: Zulu African Film Academy Awards as the best actress indigenous
- 2012: Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards of the honorarium appreciation award
- 2013: Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards as female viewers choice
- 2013: Cross River Movie Award as best act female
- 2013: Nafca award for best supporting actress
- 2015: Ghana Movie awards for being the best actress- African collaboration
- 2018: ZAFAA Global awards as the best actress
- 2021 Net Honours-Most Popular Actress
- Africa Movie Academy Awards-Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- She was GLO brand ambassador for ten years, from 2006 to 2016.
- In 2010 she was named to be the brand ambassador of Noble Hair.
- Ini Edo is the brand ambassador of Slim Tea Nigeria.
- In 2019 she was signed as an ambassador for the @MrTaxi_NG brand.
Udom Gabriel Emmanuel appointed Ini Edo as Special Assistant to the Akwa Ibom State Governor on Culture and Tourism in 2016.
- 2003: Thick Madam.
- 2004: World Apart, Eye of the Gods, Beautiful Faces.
- 2005: Ultimate Crisis, The Begotten, Last Game, Desperate Billionaire, Only Love, Lonely Hearts.
- 2006: Girls cot, Secret Fantasy, Price Of Fame, Married to the enemy
- 2007: Sleek Ladies, Games men play, Most Wanted Bachelor
- 2009: Love games, Reloaded Live, To Remember
- 2014: Caro The Iron Bender, Royal Gift,’ Blind Kingdom’, Native Son, Ghetto Queen, Power of beauty, Political Control, Ass on Fire, Breath Again
- 2017: The Patient
- 2019: Chief Daddy
- 2020: Citation (film)
- Fatal Seduction
- The Greatest Sacrifice
- My Heart Your Home
- Nowhere to Run
- Stolen Tomorrow
- Sacrifice for Love
- Silence of the Gods
- Too Late to Claim
- Total Control
- War Game
- 11:45… Too Late
- The Bank Manager
- The Bet
- Cold War
- Crying Angel
- Desperate Need
- Emotional Blackmail
- I Want My Money
- Last Picnic
- Living in Tears
- Living Without You
- Men Do Cry
- My Precious Son
- One God One Nation
- Weekend getaway
- Pretty Angels
- Red Light
- Royal Package
- Security Risk
- Songs of Sorrow
- Tears for Nancy
- Eyes of Love
- Faces of Beauty
- Indecent Girl
- I Swear
- Love Crime
- Love & Marriage
- Negative Influence
- Not Yours!
- The One I Trust
- Sisters On Fire
- Royalty Apart
- Never Let Go
- End of Do or Die Affair
- Darkness of Sorrows
- Final Sorrow
- Behind The Melody
- Memories of The Heart
- Royal Gift
- Save The Last Dance
- Battle For Bride
- Caged Lovers
- In The Cupboard
- Hunted Love
- Anointed Queen
- A Dance For The Prince
- Bride’s War
- Tears In The Palace
- Slip of Fate
- At All Cost
- Mad Sex
- The Princess of My Life
- Inale (2010)
- I’ll Take My Chances (2011)
- Nkasi The Village Fighter
- Nkasi The Sprot Girl
- The Return of Nkasi
- Soul of a Maiden
- “Blood is Money”
Ini Edo is one of Nigeria’s most powerful, wealthy, and well-paid actresses, with a net worth of $3.5 million.
Thank you for reading Ini Edo Biography, Early Life and Education, Career, Awards and Nominations, Net worth and Social Media. The Information contained in this article, were gathered online. Kindly call our attention to any part of this article you deem incorrect or Misleading.