|Famous For||Being appointed as the CEO of the Twitter on 29 November 2021|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 182 cm
in meters– 1.82 m
in feet & inches– 6’
|Year of Birth||1981|
|Age (as of 2021)||37 Years|
|School||Atomic Energy Central School|
|College/University||• IIT Mumbai
• Stanford University
|Educational Qualification(s)||• 2005: B.Tech. in Computer Science Engineering from IIT Mumbai
• 2012: PhD in Computer Science at Stanford University 
|Relationships & More|
|Wife||Vineeta Agrawal (Works at Andreessen Horowitz)|
|Parents||Father– Name Not Known (Worked at the atomic energy sector)
Mother– Name Not Known (Retired school teacher)
|Salary (approx.)||$1 million (Annually)|
Who is New Twitter CEO?
Who is Parag Agrawal?
- Parag Agrawal is an Indian IITian who became the youngest CEO of Twitter on 29 November 2021. He is an Indian-American who was appointed on the post after the resignation of Jack Dorsey, the former CEO of Twitter. It was in news for months that the Twitter board was replacing Jack Dorsey and was searching for someone else. The in-house candidate of Twitter, Parag Agrawal, was working as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of the company before being appointed as the CEO.
- In 2001, Parag won a gold medal in the Physics Olympiad that was held in Istanbul.
- In 2005, Parag Agrawal shifted to the US. He was completing his doctorate when he joined Twitter in 2011. It is said that the thesis guide ‘Jennifer Widom’ of Parag of Agrawal motivated him to complete his education.
- Parag Agrawal did B.Tech. in Computer Science Engineering from IIT Mumbai in 2005 after securing 77 All India Rank in Joint Entrance Exam in 2000. In 2012, he completed his PhD in Computer Science at Standford University. Soon after completing his education, Parag worked in the research field of Microsoft, Yahoo, and AT&T Labs, Inc. In 2011, he joined Twitter as a Distinguished Software Engineer. In the beginning, he was appointed for working on the ad-related products of Twitter, later, he was swapped on Artificial Intelligence. In 2017, Parag Agrawal was promoted as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of the company after replacing the former CTO Adam Massinger. Twitter wrote about Parag after appointing Parag as its CTO. It read,
In his capacity as CTO, he’s focused on scaling a cohesive machine learning and AI approach across our consumer and revenue product and infrastructure teams.”
- Parag Agrawal is known as one of the top engineers of the Twitter group, who worked with the TAG group of Twitter that was responsible for the new products and technologies of Twitter. In 2019, Parag held the responsibility of Twitter’s decentralised social media project titled Bluesky by Jack Dorsey.
- On 29 November 2021, he was designated as the CEO of Twitter with ten years of experience in the same company. Parag was the first choice of the former CEO of Twitter for this position. Jack Dorsey sent an email to all the employees of Twitter after appointing Parag as the CEO of Twitter. He wrote,
The board ran a rigorous process considering all options and unanimously appointed Parag. He’s been my choice for some time, given how deeply he understands the company and its needs. Parag has been behind every critical decision that helped turn this company around. He’s curious, probing, rational, creative, demanding, self-aware, and humble. He leads with heart and soul and is someone I learn from daily. My trust in him as our CEO is bone deep.”
Parag Agrawal acknowledged this email and replied,
I recognize that some of you know me well, some just a little, and some not at all. Let’s consider ourselves at the beginning-the first step towards our future. I’m sure you have lots of questions and there’s a lot for us to discuss. At the all-hands tomorrow we’ll have lots of time for Q&A and discussion. It will be the beginning of ongoing open, direct conversations I wish for us to have together.”
- As the CTO of Twitter, apart from being in the leadership position, Parag Agrawal was also a contributor in:
Twitter’s technical strategy and overseeing machine learning and AI across the consumer, revenue, and science teams.”
According to a report, Parag Agrawal is very good at mathematics, and he is an expert in dealing with large databases. A report by the New York Times about him stated that Parag is a spiritual successor of Dorsey. It wrote,
Just like Jack Dorsey, Parag too is “quiet, polite, deeply technical and enthused about an internet where power and control are given back to users.”
One of the Twitter employees wrote about Parag,
Parag is a “pragmatic” engineer and leader.”
- In November 2021, Twitter in its report stated that Parag Agrawal would get $1 million annual compensation as the CEO of the company, and in addition to this, he will receive a $12.5 million investment in stocks.
- Bollywood singer Shreya Ghoshal is the childhood friend of Parag Agrawal. She congratulated him on Twitter while responding to Parag’s post on 29 November 2021.
- Several renowned newspapers began sharing the successful career journey of Parag Agrawal in their articles when he was appointed as the CEO of Twitter.
- Parag Agrawal was criticised by the conservatives on several social media accounts soon after being appointed as the CEO of Twitter for his tweet that he posted in 2010 in response to Aasif Mandvi’s Tweet for his story on The Daily Show.
- The Tweet read as:
If they are not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and extremists, then why should I distinguish between white people and racists.”
- Parag Agrawal is a big fan of watching cricket.