Yewande Adekoya Biography
Yewande Adekoya Abiodun Nigerian actress, filmmaker, director, and producer . Alphabash Music And Theatre Group was her first acting company, which she joined in 2002. In 2006, she wrote and produced her first piece of content, “Life Secret.”
Adekoya has produced, directed, and appeared in a number of Nigerian films, including Omo Elomosho, a 2002 film starring Bimbo Oshin, Muyiwa Ademola, and Yomi Fash-Lanso, and Omo Elomosho, a 2003 film starring Bimbo Oshin, Muyiwa Ademola, and Yomi Fash-Lanso.
|Yewande Adekoya Biography|
Yewande Adekoya: History, Bio, Photo
|Wiki Facts & About Data|
|Full Name:||Yewande Adekoya Abiodun|
|Born:||20th January 1984 (age 38 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||Lagos Nigeria|
|Husband • Spouse:||Mr Abiodun Thomas (2013)|
Yewande Adekoya Age
The lovely actress was born in Lagos, Nigeria, on January 20, 1984.
Yewande Adekoya Height
Her height is still being researched and will be updated as soon as we find out more.
She was born in Lagos but grew up in Ososa-Ijebu, a town in Ogun State in southwest Nigeria. She attended Bright Star Nursery and Primary School before transferring to Bright Star Comprehensive High School for her secondary schooling. Babcock University awarded her a Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Mass Communications.
Yewande Adekoya Acting Career
In 2002, Yewande Adekoya Abiodun joined the Alphabash Music And Theatre Group as an actor. In 2006, she wrote and produced her first piece of content, “Life Secret.” Omo Elemosho, a 2012 film starring Bimbo Oshin, Muyiwa Ademola, and Yomi Fash-Lanso, was one of her many Nigerian films that she produced, directed, and acted in.
At the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards, the film garnered five nominations. She was also nominated for the 2014 City People Entertainment Awards in the Yoruba category for “best new actress.”
In the same year, her performance in Kudi Klepto earned her a nomination for the 2014 Best of Nollywood Awards for best actress in a leading role. She was named “most promising performer” at the Yoruba Movie Academy Awards in December 2014. At the 2016 ACIA event, her film Kurukuru won her the best actress prize. At the 2017 City People Movie Awards, her film, Iyawo Adedigba, won the accolade for “best movie of the year.”
Yewande Adekoya Married|Husband
In 2013, Yewande Adekoya married her spouse, who is also a film producer. The pair recently celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary and has three children. Managing marriage, kids, and her profession hasn’t been easy, but she’s done an excellent job of managing her life.
Yewande Adekoya Movies
- Life Secrets 1 (2006)
- Life Secrets 2 (2007)
- Igbo Dudu (2009)
- Omo Elemosho (2012)
- Kudi Klepto (2013)
- Emere (2014)
- Kurukuru (2015)
- The Sacrifice (2016)
- Tamara (2016)
- Ayanmo (2016)
- Ota Ile (2016)
- Once Upon a Time (2016)
- Iyawo Adedigba (2017)
- Fadaka (2018)
- Belladonna (2018)
- Odun Ibole (2018)
- Ewatomi (2018)
Yewande Adekoya Awards
- 2014 Best New Actress – City People Entertainment Awards
- 2014 Most Promising Actress 2014 – Yoruba Movie Academy Awards
- 2014 Most Promising Act – Yoruba Heritage Awards, United States
- 2016 Best Actress in a leading role 2016 – ACIA
Yewande Adekoya Fraud Allegations
Yahoo Boys (Internet Fraudsters) Posing As Promoters Used Her Bank Accounts For Fraud – Insider Speaks Yoruba Actress Yewande Adekoya Was Arrested In Atlanta Because Yahoo Boys (Internet Fraudsters) Posing As Promoters Used Her Bank Accounts For Fraud – Insider Speaks
More information on the arrest and detention of prominent Yoruba actress and filmmaker Yewande Adekoya in the United States of America has become available.
The talented actress and mother of three, who arrived in the United States for the Oodua movie awards in October, did not return home like her colleagues because she planned to release a hit film in April. Unfortunately, her plan did not come to fruition because the money she planned to use for the film was seized after her arrest.
According to a source in Nollywood, NG stood out and claimed that the actress, who is known for blindly trusting people, was innocent but selfish.
According to the source, Yewande was persuaded to do the deal by some Yahoo Big Boys in Atlanta who were hunting for actresses to prey on, and she fell into the trap since she was promised a large sum of money.
The Big Boys, also known as promoters, reportedly offered to promote the actress if the purchase went through, but it backfired when her bank reported ten transactions totaling more than $3 million to authorities.
She was apprehended right after, and after declaring her innocence, she was placed under house arrest so she could care for her small children.
The males didn’t inform Yewande they meant to utilize her account for such shady transactions, according to the source.
Because the suspected fraud is still being investigated by Atlanta police, her international passport has been confiscated.
Interesting Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Yewande Adekoya
- Yewande was born on January 20, 1983, to Engr. and Mrs. E. A Adekoya. and hails from Ogun State.
- She had her primary and secondary education at Bright Star Nursery and Primary school and Bright Star Comprehensive High School.
- She has a B.sc in Mass Communication from Babcock University.
- She began her acting career in 2002 in a music and theatre group, Alphabash before moving on to film in the late 2000s.
- The first movie Yewande produced was an English content movie titled Life Secret in 2006 and she produced a Yoruba film, Igbo Dudu in 2009.
- The movie Yewande produced in 2012, Omo Elemosho starring Bimbo Oshin received 5 nominations at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards.
- She has been nominated several times but in July 2014 and December 2014, she bagged the Best New Actress award and Most promising actress award “City People Entertainment Awards” and “Yoruba Movie Academy Awards” respectively.
- Yewande has also won Most Promising Actress 2014, YMAA and Most Promising Act 2014, Yoruba Heritage Awards U.S.A.
- She married her actor/producer boyfriend Ishola Abiodun on February 14, 2012, and has children with him.
Yewande Adekoya Twitter
Yewande Adekoya Instagram
Yewande Adekoya Net Worth
She is estimated to be worth US$80,000